MEADOWSWEET RANCH GIFT CERTIFICATES
AVAILABLE NOWRIDE THROUGH THE WINTER SPECIAL
AVAILABLE NOWDRILL RIDING
Sunday, December 16 - 11:00 am - 12:00 pm1ST TRAIL RIDE OF THE NEW SEASON and POT LUCK
Wednesday, December 26 - 11:30 am - 2:30 pm - approximatelyWINTER BREAK AT THE RANCH
Thurs., Dec. 27; Fri., Dec. 28; Wed. Jan 2 and Thurs., Jan. 3 - 9:00 am -3:30 pmSPRING BREAK AT THE RANCH
March 25 - 27 - 8:00 am -3:30 pmSPRING BREAK AT THE RANCH FOR TEENS
March 25 - 27 - 8:00 am -3:30 pmBIG VALLEY RANCH BARN TRIP
June 7 to 10WORKING EQUITATION SCHOOLING SHOW
June 2PONY CAMP - SESSION I
June 11 and 13 - 9:00am to 12:00pm each dayHORSEMANSHIP CAMP - SESSION I
June 17 to 21 - 8:00am to 3:30pm each dayPONY CAMP - SESSION II
July 16 and 18 - 9:00am to 12:00pm each dayHORSEMANSHIP CAMP - SESSION II
July 22 to 26 - 8:00am to 3:30pm each dayPONY CAMP - SESSION III
August 3 and 5 - 9:00am to 12:00pm each dayHORSEMANSHIP CAMP - SESSION III
August 12 to 16 - 8:00am to 3:30pm each dayBARN TRIP - DEVIL'S HOLE RANCH
October 11 - 14
Welcome to Meadowsweet Ranch
Located in scenic Spring Grove, Illinois, right on the eastern edge of McHenry County and western edge of Lake County just a couple miles south of the Wisconsin border. Meadowsweet Ranch is a full featured horse haven. Whether you're looking for a place to board your horse, are interested in horseback riding lessons, need some help with training, a summer camp for your favorite youngster, or looking to connect with other people in the area who love horses, Meadowsweet Ranch offers the best Northern Illinois has to offer.
Nestled adjacent to Chain O' Lakes State Park, Meadowsweet Ranch offers convenient stall/paddock- to-trail easement access for our boarders and we feature horseback riding lesson plans that help students connect with horses through trust and respect from the ground up.
Our spacious clubroom has hosted quite a number of after-ride potlucks and our barns provide comfortable accommodations for our equestrian friends.
Please follow the links above to learn more about us. We're very proud of our ranch and would love to show you around in person. Call us soon to arrange a visit.
OUR HORSEMANSHIP PROGRAM IS ABOUT CONNECTING WITH HORSES FROM THE GROUND UP THROUGH TRUST AND RESPECT
Our horsemanship program goes farther than the traditional riding or lesson program. Horsemanship is a lifelong journey of developing knowldege, skill and the relationship between horse and horseman. The state of that relationship at any given time is a combination of many factors, including trust, respect, leadership, experience, technique, physical condition, diet and more. We work closely with both horse and student to evaluate the state of the current relationship and to create and implement an individualized plan for moving towards the next level of the relationship and horsemanship skills. We savor each accomplishment. Then we set new goals and begin the process again to work towards yet a higher level, always striving for the softest communication possible from the ground as well as from the saddle. As practiced at Meadowsweet Ranch, this longterm commitment to enhancing the relationship is what separates the horse rider from the true horseman.
To truly develop a trusting, respectful, harmonious partnership with your horse, we believe your horsemanship must be progressive and based on techniques that bring a willingness from the horse to participate in a human/equine partnership.
Rider and horse need to develop a relationship based on trust and respect. We will help you achieve a partnership and harmony with your equine friend.
Students develop confidence, balance, coordination, teamwork skills and much more.
Our program will help you achieve your goals whether it is to ride in a show ring or out on trail.
Our program combines groundwork (on-line and at liberty); and exercises under saddle in a safe, progressive skill building format. Instructor and students work as a team.
Riders with enough experience will be able to enjoy an occasional ride on the trails, off-site trail rides, over night trips and horse vacations, participation in the ranch activities, special events, seminars and clinics of their choice. Students and their families become members of our Meadowsweet Ranch Family.
Our lessons are for all ages: 4-104
Gift Certificates available
Contact Kathy for further info
For everyone's comfort our facility has:
- Comfortable viewing area for spectators
- Heated Bathrooms
- Semi-heated club room
- Indoor Arena
Your horse and you will love it here......
At Meadowsweet Ranch the horses that live here are our main concern. Every effort is made to provide your horse with a clean, safe, healthy place to reside. We believe in promoting a "family" environment for the horses as well as their human families.
The nicest group of horse people you'd ever want to meet are here at Meadowsweet Ranch.
We're located right next door to Chain O'Lakes State Park at the end of Sundial Lane off of Wilmot Road. If you're a trail rider, we have quick access (no road riding) to approximately 8 miles of wonderful trails in Chain O'Lakes State Park.
If you like group activities, we have them.
- Group Trail Rides.
- Off-site group rides, activities and vacations with your horse.
- Specialized ranch activities. (Some we've had in the past: Games on horseback; Easter Egg Hunt; Pot o' Gold Hunt; Poker run)
- Drill Team for fun while it helps you develop a better partnership with your horse.
- Working Equitation Team
- If you just want to enjoy time alone with your horse, you can do that also.
- Daily turnout (weather permitting)
- various sized paddocks ensure your horse finds the right herd
- Large box stalls - cleaned daily (except New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas)
- Hay - four times per day (up to 10 flakes-surcharge if more is needed) for those in paddocks without slow feeders. We are working on having slow feeders in all paddocks.
- Feeding program chosen is fed twice per day (third feedings can be added as needed for an extra fee)
- You provide the feed of your choice.
- 1 lb of forage pellets plus the additional vitamins and minerals required to nutritionally balance the hay being fed - $18.25 per month.
- 1 lb forage pellets plus one-half lb Renew Gold plus the vitamins and minerals required to nutritionally balance the hay being fed - $36.75 per month.
- 1 lb of Triple Crown Naturals plus the additional vitamins and minerals required to nutritionally balance the hay being fed - $21.50 per month.
- 1 lb of Crypto Aero plus the vitamins and minerals required to nutritionally balance the hay being fed - $32.25 per month.
- Third feedings can be added as needed for an extra fee)
- Heated club room with indoor bathrooms
- Cold and hot drinks, snacks, refrigerator and microwave available.
- Our veterinarian and farrier or yours
- QUICK easement access to Chain O' Lakes State Park Trails
- 60 X 160 lighted indoor arena w/Round pen available
- 130 X 180 lighted outdoor arena (available after horses come in)
- NO BARN HOURS!
- Manager lives on premises.
Our base board is currently $515.00 per month.
The base board includes:
We have five feed program options that are fed twice daily. Options 2 through 5 are all non_GMO programs that can be adjusted to your specific horse's needs.
Other benefits to boarding here.
Special services available -
- Equine First Aid
- Farrier/vet holding
- Fecal testing
- From the ground up lesson/horsemanship program
- Pony Parties
- Vacation Stalls - just need a place for your horse while you're on vacation or out of town on business?
- Worming when fecal test results warrant the necessity.
Other services available upon request.
Check out our ranch events to see what's coming up as far as activities, special events, seminars and clinics.
Call for stall availability. We can pick-up your horse(s) also.
Contact Kathy for further info.